Thursday, June 10, 2010




First-time blogger here. Greetings! The plan - musings on life as a South Dakota transplant, a gardener, a baker, and a celebrater of all things edible.

The photo - by way of introduction - Our Kitchen Garden.

I take little credit for this symphony of lettuce in nine varieties. My husband the Farmer-Architect wields the magic garden baton. Or hoe if you will. My contribution is bringing the daily additions to the compost piles at the end of each row (future sites of fruit trees). And most important, I dispense admiration and encouragement to the orderly ranks of leaf and sprout and seedling from my 2nd floor studio window. I cheer on the struggling fennel, soothe the fears of the rabbit-assaulted green beans, and beseech the soaring onioms to halt already!

In addition to lettuce and spinach, an early first harvest this week were beaucoup of radishes. Thanks to the Culinary School of the Rockies for their recipe, Spicy Radish Quesadillas. (Go to http://www.culinaryschoolrockies.com/ for email newsletter).

1 comment:

  1. Splendid! Permit me the honor of first comment. Those radishes have zip! I also dig this template. I look forward to hearing more about the garden and certain choice recipes. (I think Erin will enjoy your posts even more!)

    ReplyDelete